Vine Advisors is currently seeking a Tax Manager or Senior Manager to manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of client’s federal and/or state tax returns as well as assisting the partners with client’s tax planning services for clients. The ideal candidate is a team player who will manage and supervise associates and our overall pipeline of tax projects to ensure compliance in the tax preparation and filing process. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of business and individual returns of clients.
- Ensure tax returns and filed in a timely manner base on federal and state deadlines.
- Improve current tax service internal processes and effectively implement best practices.
- Provide clients with timely, knowledgeable responses and recommendations to optimize their tax savings opportunities.
- Deliver full range of tax services in federal tax planning and preparation for corporate, partnership, individual clients.
- Research and consult on various tax matters, advising our clients on their local and overseas tax affairs.
- Manage and respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities, preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Maintain tax project budgets and assist in preparing timely billings.
- Ensure team members are up to date on current tax practices and changes in tax law.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team.
- Manage and mentor members of the team to greater levels of effectiveness and engagement.
- Assist partners with building the tax practice through business development efforts and establishing strong, long-term client relationships.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting/Taxation.
- CPA certification.
- Minimum 7 years of current tax compliance and/or tax consulting experience with proven tax manager experience.
- Extensive individual, corporate and partnership tax knowledge.
- Exceptional client service skills with ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong accounting, analytical and research skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities in a growing, collaborative, result-driven team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience leading, training, managing, and mentoring staff.
- Proficiency and experience with tax software (preferably Intuit ProSeries or Lacerte).
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong skills and experience with Word, Outlook, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Working knowledge of Intuit ProSeries or Lacerte, UltraTax or Drake preferred.
- Health insurance (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- 401(k) Plan with matching