Service Type: Data Analytics
Project: Data Integration
Our client’s inability to access operational and risk data created issues for commercial and middle office stakeholders.
Approach & Results:
Approach: We integrated data from three source systems to a single platform to provide greater insight into P&L and operational drivers through comprehensive 360 analysis.
- Working closely with the CFO and Director of Analytics, we developed a data warehouse to store enterprise data.
- Working closely with the software engineers at Openlink, we developed queries from their commodity inventory product that fed the data warehouse.
- Working closely with Bank of America, we developed a data feed that processed a mainframe era file format to enable automated bank reconciliation.
- We developed processes to connect the firm’s enterprise reporting tool to the data warehouse.
- We worked with the firm’s analyst and accountants to teach them to develop their reports using their preferred tool like Tableau and Power BI.
- Over a period of 15 months, we continued to work with the CFO and Director of Analytics to increase the capability of the data warehouse by adding new data models and reports.
- Increased timeliness and accuracy of multiple key process resulting in significant return on investment.
- Minimized manual reporting and created daily automated risk reporting on seven reports.
- Minimized the firm’s reliance on IT to pull necessary data for ad hoc reporting.
- Automated a major treasury management task that freed three hours of the treasury analyst’s time each day.